Alun Be is a photographer and architect whose captivating images are distinguished by their depths and contrasting expressions.
Born in 1981 in Dakar (Senegal), he holds a degree in architecture from the Art Academy of San Francisco. Although his field of investigation is multiple, he favors portraiture and street photography.
He lives and works between Senegal, France, and the United States. His photos were presented at the World Expo in Milan, Italy and at Dak'art.
- 1-54 Marrakech Art Fair, LouiSimone Guirandou Gallery, Marrakech, Maroc.
- Guangzhou international Art Fair, Ghangzhou, China
- Beijings Africa Week 2019, Beijing, China
- Depaul Art museum, Chicago, USA
- New Age, Nzw Age: strategies for survival, group exhibition, Depaul Art Museum, Chicago USA
- Matière transparente, group show, LouiSimone Guirandou Gallery, Abidjan, Ivoiry Coast
- Also Known As Africa, Contemporary African Art fair, Paris, France
- Dak'art Biennale Off 2018, Dakar, Senegal
- Group Show, MuPho "Museumof Photography" of Saint Louis, Senegal
- ln Their Own Form, group show, MoCP "Museum of Contemporary Photography", Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Solo Show, le CENTQUATRE-PARIS, artistic and cultural factory, Paris, France
- Full Cirde Art Africa, Hong Kong first African Arts & Culture program, Hong Kong, China
- Regime of Truths, international arts festival of photography, Lagos, Nigeria
- Regards sur Cours, Museum of History Gorée Island, Gorée, Senegal
- Solo show, Les Galeries Lafayette, Paris, France
- Dialogue of the African Diaspora, Group Show SOAS University of London, London, England
- Bridged Narratives, group show, 50 Golborne Road Gallery, London, England
- The Empire of Children With Unicef, solo show, Dakar, Senegal
- Dak'art Biennale Off 2016, Dakar, Senegal
- Group show exhibition with Ousmane Mbaye Designer, Dakar, Senegal
- "Empowering The Women of Senegal", solo show, Galerie 88, Paris France
- "Empowering the Women of Senegal", Universal Exhibition 2015, United Nation Pavillion, Milan, Italy